As we had no Home Groups last week, you can draw from last week’s passage or this week’s.
Questions relating to Romans 8:1-17:
- Out of all the comparisons between “by the flesh” and “by the Spirit” in Romans 8, which one do you find affects your daily life the most?
- How would you explain to a new believer what it means to “live by the Spirit”?
- Romans 8:16 says that the Spirit Himself testifies with our spirits that we are children of God. How has He done this in your life? Try to avoid using special Christian vocabulary where possible.
- Think and reflect on our corporate meetings, as well as on your own devotional life. In what ways do we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us? Can you think of ways in which we might quench the Spirit? Can you think of ways we could adjust our corporate practice to make more space for the Spirit to lead us?
Questions relating to Romans 8:18-39:
- How loved do you feel this evening?
- How loving towards God and towards others do you feel this evening?
- How much joy are you feeling right now?
- Which of the hardships listed in v35-39 have you experienced, and how has this affected your sense of connection with God?
- Although we know they shouldn’t, are there any hardships that you fear will separate you from God’s love?
- I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. (v18) What aspects of this future glory do you regularly think about? Are there any habits you could start that would focus you more on the Second Coming and the glorious existence that will follow for all believers?